Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Friday, October 4, 2013
There is also an ADORABLE and hilarious perfume commercial to go with it. I seriously don't know how people can resist them.
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Friday, September 20, 2013
So, I've been posting about products or my favorite things for the past couple weeks...but never did a proper introduction! I am a little wary of being too personal because this is the internet after all! However, I do want to be able to write about personal things as well as the usuals like taking pics of makeup and clothes :) SO I guess I'm working my way up to that! I used to blog A LOT about what was going on in my life in my late teens on livejournal haha! So every now and then I'll do little posts about what I've been up to like hanging out with friends etc. mostly just for my own personal keepsake. Anyway! Moving on :) Just some little facts about me and cute pictures of my doggie !
- My name is Nicole & I'm 23 living in California
- I studied sociology & now I want to study constitutional law
- I work in a department store
- I'm half English and half Japanese
- I've caught the travel bug after going to Europe for two summers in a row...planning on a third!
- London is my favorite place in the world (that I've been) Hawaii is my second
- England and Hawaii both feel like second homes because I have so much family in both places
- I love candles...and flowers...and well, anything ~dainty and girly
- I can be quite sassy and obnoxious but you'd have to be a close friend to be exposed to that! otherwise I can be quiet as a mouse!
- I love almost all types of music as long as it makes me feel something
- I like to make up stories in my head but I have a hard time writing them down
- Lover of all things pastel and shabby chic
- dislike summer & lovessssss winter (wish it snowed here :/)
- I am pretty fandom obsessed (if you're on tumblr I think you'd know what that means)
- I love lemon flavored things
- I can eat salmon sushi for the rest of my life and not feel tired of it
- Harry Potter obsessed since 1999
- I love crescent moon jewelry
- I go through style phases
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
I recently went on the Fashion Union website and put together a little collection of my favorite items. They have so many on trend items it was hard to narrow it down to be honest! I went for a bit of a monochromatic theme for the autumn season. I Don't usually like wearing a lot of black but when I do I always almost go for a black/white look. These items are all individually great on their own but can definitely be worn together! To spice things up I picked a lot of beautiful patterns and textures...oh yeah and a bunny! ;)
Fashion Union is hosting this really amazing contest and all you have to do is make your own wish list of their wonderful clothes! To see more about how you can win a £500 voucher click here!
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
01. Philosophy Pure Grace Deodorant: This may be TMI but regular drugstore deodorant makes me itchy. I'm on my 4th tube of this and it's so lovely and gentle. It also has a very clean and refreshing scent to it. It may be a bit pricey for deodorant (about 13 dollars) but it's better than scratching all day!
02. Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray: A lot of people rave about this and for good reason! It does add a nice texture to your hair, smells great, and adds a nice natural wave. I only use this when I've already curled my hair, which does sound redundant but it gives the curls a really natural and effortless look. I don't use it on wet hair because I find that when it dries it's quite sticky and doesn't really add much wave.
03. Thymes Moondflower body lotion: This. Smells. Amazing. Sadly, I can't put my finger on how to describe this. But it reminds me of sitting by a quiet lake in the moonlight, surrounded by fireflies and beautiful flowers... well, the description on the bottle says cinnamon, cognac, and sugared quince. This also doesn't leave the body sticky after applying!
04. St. Ives Green tea scrub: I've had almost no pimples while using this. It smells like heaven, is very refreshing, and has a great texture.
05. Aromatherapy Eucalyptus Spearmint Pillow Mist: Bit of a random one, but just spritz this a couple times on your pillow before bed and you're immediately relaxed! One of my favorite scents :)
06. Lush Sweet Lips lip scrub: This is very popular for good reason. It's yummy, moisturizing, and gets off all that dry skin on your lips! This smells like chocolate and vanilla and I couldn't live with out it.
07. Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm: I can't go a minute with out having something on my lips (it's probably an issue). I bought two of these when I was in the Parisian Pharmacie because I knew I would love it. They last a long time and leave your lips feeling very silky. It smells kind of like oranges, which I love and I know I will be using this product for a long time!