Friday, March 21, 2014

Review: Nyx Butter Gloss in Devil's Food Cake !

Sooooo I finally tried a Nyx butter gloss. I'm not sure what I was waiting for. I guess I've never thought to try Nyx products out until I just had the random urge. I got Devil's Food Cake, the darkest color (I think) in the huge color spectrum they offer and it's right up my street! The packaging is lovely, I really like how it's all one solid color. I kind of have an obsession with dark berry shades as I think they look best on me. I've almost used up my YSL volupte shine lipstick and thankfully this color is quite similar to that. This is definitely a gloss finish and is a bit more sticky on the lips than the usual products I go for. I've only worn it a couple of times and one time I feel like it may have dried out my lips...but I'm still not sure it was the gloss' fault that time. The color pay off is great! You can build it up or apply it gently for a not so harsh look. I'm really not a gloss person, but I'm starting to lighten up to them and I think the butter glosses are perfect for that. I'll be trying out more colors from this line for sure! I can't believe how late to the party I am!! Here is a posey selfie of me wearing the gloss ;) :

No comments:

Post a Comment